Friday, March 18, 2011

Coming Soon . . .

A week from today, I will be getting to bed early for an early morning wake-up for the National Half!  I can't wait to run through DC and by all of the nation's sights!  The only problem is . . . I can probably count on one hand the number of times I have been running since the Princess Half - and none have been long runs.  Well, I'm going to try to get out tomorrow before I make the trek to MD for my daughter's cheer competition.  

My son, 6, will be running in his first race ever, in the parking lot of RFK, right after mine is over.  He is running in the Monumental Mile (although his age group does a half-mile), and my daughter will run her 2nd race (a full mile.)  They will get a t-shirt, goody bag, and a medal.  Can't wait until next weekend.  I am getting my red, white, and blue outfit ready.  Just had to get another Sparkle Skirt after the Princess run!  Couldn't resist the royal blue for this race . . . 

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like an awesome weekend of races for you and the kids...I would love to run through the sites in DC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will let you know how it is! I wonder how we wound up running all the others together (without even knowing it) and not this one! LOL!

    ReplyDelete